Seasonal Float Teller~Snohomish and Island Counties
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: This position requires the ability to provide prompt, accurate, friendly service and to communicate clearly and professionally in accordance with Coastal's Core Values. This position is responsible for processing a variety of customer account transactions involving the receipt and payment of money according to existing procedures and systems. This position is also responsible for identifying customer needs and suggesting solutions through referrals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Provides customer service in accordance with Coastal's Core Values
• Processes a variety of customer transactions using judgment regarding the validity of transactions; refers questionable transactions to a supervisor
1. Receive commercial and individual checking deposits, verifies cash and endorsements, and issues receipts
2. Accepts checks for cashing or paying; verifies endorsement, validity, and funds; makes change
3. Receives savings deposits; pays withdrawals after verifying balance and signatures
4. Receives loan payments and credit card payments
5. Sells money orders, cashiers checks, US Savings Bonds, travelers checks, gift cards, foreign currency and credit card
6. Receives US Savings Bonds for redemption and payment
• Balance Teller drawer
• Maintain current knowledge of banking rules and regulations
• Consistently refer bank products and services at every opportunity
• Answers the telephone.
• Maintains control of cash and keys at all times to prevent exposure or potential loss to bank.
• Work positively and proactively as a member of the Coastal Team.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Outgoing, professional attitude with customers and co-workers
• Prior experience in a customer contact or consumer-oriented field preferred
• Prior cash handling experience preferred
• Basic math skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Prior experience with personal computers and Windows based software.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
• one to two years' related experience and/or training; or
• equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer