Customer Service Representative - Full Time - Marysville WA 98270
Responsible for soliciting or building relationships with new customers, servicing and expanding relationships with existing customers. Assess customer needs, suggest or promote alternative products or services, and either fill the need or refer to appropriate area. Provide timely and accurate resolution of account related issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- ·Provide customer service in accordance with Coastal’s Core Values
- ·Interview and assess customer and non-customer needs and suggest appropriate products or services. This may be in the branch or a call to a local business, or from a book of business.
- ·Conduct phone follow up and actively raise customer awareness of bank products and services. These activities may have a standard of frequency set by branch management.
- ·Maintain an organized system for tracking and following up on customer needs and track monthly production to the branch goals
- ·Provide customer referrals to Treasury Management, Commercial and Consumer Lending, Cash Management and Real Estate Lending.
- ·Provide timely resolution and follow through on customer issues and concerns
- ·Complete account documentation according to bank guidelines
- ·Maintain current knowledge of banking rules and regulations and complete monthly on line training
- ·Represent Coastal in a positive and professional manner
- ·Provide back-up to the tellers and/or assist with operations duties as assigned
- ·Actively work a book of customers to build relationships, grow the value of the book as management has goaled and keep a strong grasp on the retention of our clients. This may also include relationship reviews with a line of business
- ·Outgoing, professional attitude with customers, prospects and co-workers
- ·Proven effective verbal and written communication skills
- ·Required to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- ·PC experience navigating in a Windows environment and using multiple applications
- ·Must have excellent attention to detail to ensure timely and effective communication with customer until request/issues have been resolved
- ·Previous sales experience, preferably of financial products and relationship development for retention
- ·Basic internet skills
- ·Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- ·Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or
- · One to two years related experience and/or training; or
- ·Equivalent combination of education and experience.