Teller Position-Part Time 20 hours per week- Camano Island WA
This position requires the ability to provide prompt, accurate, friendly service and to communicate clearly and professionally in accordance with Coastal’s Core Values. This position is responsible for processing a variety of customer account transactions involving the receipt and payment of money according to existing procedures and systems. This position is also responsible for identifying customer needs and suggesting solutions through referrals. This position also has an emphasis on client retention and relaying this to the management and platform side of the bank.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides customer service in accordance with Coastal’s Core Values
- Processes a variety of customer transactions using judgment regarding the validity of transactions; refers questionable transactions to a supervisor
- Receive commercial and individual checking deposits, verifies cash and endorsements, and issues receipts
- Accepts checks for cashing or paying; verifies endorsement, validity, and funds; makes change
- Receives savings deposits; pays withdrawals after verifying balance and signatures
- Receives loan payments and credit card payments
- Sells money orders, cashiers checks, US Savings Bonds, gift cards, foreign currency and credit card
- Receives US Savings Bonds for redemption and payment
- Balance Teller drawer within the standards outlined in the out of balance conditions policy
- Maintain current knowledge of banking rules and regulations and complete monthly online training
- Maintain and call upon an appropriate sized book of clients for retention purposes and consistently refer bank products and services at every opportunity. Strive to meet all assigned goals by branch management for referrals.
- Answers the telephone.
- Maintains control of cash and keys at all times to prevent exposure or potential loss to bank.
- Work positively and proactively as a member of the Coastal Team.
- Attend monthly team meetings that go over topics that are pertinent in the branch and address the status on the branch performance
- ·Excellent customer service skills
- ·Outgoing, professional attitude with customers and co-workers
- ·Prior experience in a customer contact or consumer-oriented field preferred
- ·Prior cash handling experience preferred
- ·Basic math skills
- ·Excellent verbal communication skills
- ·Prior experience with personal computers and Windows based software.
- ·Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
- One to two years’ related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- ability to stand for extended periods of time
- ability to perform repetitive finger, hand and arm movement
- ability to use electronic office equipment such as, computer keyboard and mouse, ten key, telephone, etc.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to view and read computer screen for extended periods of time
Equal Opportunity Employer