Welcome to Building Credit for Small Businesses, a Money Smart course developed jointly by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
This class will help you understand how credit reporting may affect your business and identify methods for establishing and building a strong credit history to support the growth and sustainability of your business.
- Time: 8:00 am – 9:30 am
- Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
- Location: 5415 Evergreen Way, Everett, WA 98203
- Cost: Free; Coffee and Donuts Provided
Classes are hosted by Katy Woods, Coastal Community Bank Branch Manager, and Certified Coach. Katy joined Coastal as the Monroe and Sultan Branch Manager in 2013, and works with businesses from all stages including startup, growth, and sale or succession. She received her professional Leadership and Growth coaching certifications in 2015. Register below as space is limited!
After completing this class, you will understand the following:
- How the personal and business credit reporting landscape relates to your business.
- What goes into the personal and business credit reports and scores used to assess your credit profiles.
- How to establish and build strong personal and business credit histories to support the growth and sustainability of your business.
- How lenders and other businesses may use your personal and business credit reports and scores, and nontraditional data, to assess their lending risk or evaluate other business-to-business opportunities.
- How the use of credit reporting services can help you make sound business decisions.
- How to leverage strong personal and business credit histories to obtain satisfactory financing terms.
- How to recognize when your business and personal credit histories may become a bigger factor in seeking financing for your business.
- The Big Picture: Credit Reporting and My Business
- The Impact of Personal Credit on My Business
- Business Credit Reporting
- How Lenders Evaluate Your Creditworthiness
- Credit Reporting and Business Operations